Monday, October 25, 2010

First Snowfall of the Season






Tyse woke up early this morning. When I went into lay with him, he was excited about the window - it was especially bright. He took me over and marveled at the snow. We went and touched it and by 7:00 we were decked out in all our snow gear with the flood lights to show us the way, playing in the snow. We played for an hour and a half and then with much protesting, I sent Lindsey to school and made Tyse go to school as well. He was almost and hour late, but he was so excited to be in the snow, I just let it go. I think we probably got around 10 inches. It was beautiful to see the world covered in white and the kids loved the novelty of it all. I just quiver at the thought of it getting cold and being stuck in the house. But after this morning, I think we may get a lot of time outside when the ground is white!

No comments: