The next day we decided to try another beach. We were told this beach was awesome for boogie boarding with stronger waves. And stronger they were. Lindsey went out and got knocked over and decided she wasn't getting back in the water. We convinced her to come out with us and jump as the waves came. All 5 of us were out there having a great time, when I looked and saw a giant one coming our way. We were up to our chests already and there was not where to run. I grabbed Lindsey's hand as tightly as I could and we were hit. I held on tight and it felt like we were being tossed around under the water, but I didn't let go. I am sure it wasn't long, but it felt like forever. Eventually, we found our footing and stood up. My sunglasses were lost to the sea, but we were OK. Some cute locals came up and made sure we were OK and told us next time that we should have dove straight into / under the wave and it would have been calm. Just and FYI for the future. Lindsey however sat out the rest of the day and just watched.

No comments:
Post a Comment